
Last week my sister-in-law came over to hang out(I get excited to have her come over because she is one of the only family members that come to my house to visit. It is also nice to just talk and see how things are going for her). She got to my house before I did so I had her go in and wait. She decided to paint her nails to pass the time while she was there.
When we got home Lilly saw the nail polish and just had to have her nails painted that beautiful shiny as red as you can get red. It was a glistening ruby red color and Lilly was smitten by it. Sarah told here she had to get the nail polish off that she already had on before painting on more. I finished doing what I needed to do and pulled out the nail polish remover. She couldn't stand still while I was trying to remove the dahl pink color which only covered about a 1/4 of each nail.
Once completing the task, she promptly grabbed the nail polish and started playing with it while she waited for Aunt Sarah's nails to dry. (We happened to be doing all of this in the front room where Sarah was when we got there). I started talking to Sarah and before I new it the brush on the nail polish flew past my legs and with it a long line of beautiful red. My heart dropped at the sight of it and all I could think of was how extremely upset daddy was going to be. The line of polish along the coffee table was easily removed but massive stretch of red on the rug and carpet did not lift no matter the steps taken to get rid of it. I new that the only way to get that stain removed and for it to look any way descent, I had to call in to the carpet cleaners. I found someone with who had an OK price and scheduled it for the next day.
The picture is of the kids playing on the couches after pulling them into the kitchen to have the stain removed and the whole living room cleaned. The guy was able to get the stain completely removed from the rug, but the carpet wouldn't let all the color go. It held on to at touch of pink, but rugs are great because you can cover things up with them. I am just so happy that we were able to get things back to the way there are suppose to look and able to not be embarrassed if company were to stop by.
The only thing that I am still not very happy about is, along with the brush's trip across the floor it came past my legs and left a line down my pants. These were the pants that I really liked and actually fit in. They were ones that made me feel skinnier, even though I have a lot more to lose. I will probably still where them though. They will just not look as good as they did before and if anyone asks I will simply say, "My kids did it".
No comments:
Post a Comment