Redheaderfriends

Friends and Family
Welcome All

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Day at Eagle Island





On Thursday we went to Eagle Island for fun in the sun and lots of swimming for the kids. We went with Katie's family and Jan's family.(Katie and I work out in the moening with Jan. She is also in Katie's ward.)

Cameron and Lilly were already sun burnt really bad from playing at grandma gray's house in their little swimming pool. I did not put sun screen on them that day. I realized that night that that was a stupid mistake. Cameron was sooo red and I felt really bad.

I did not want to make that mistake again so I put sun screen on them twice while we were at Eagle Island. It was pretty nice that day because there was not many people out and we had our own little area for cooking our hot dogs and having lunch. It was the perfect day because it was not scortching but just warm enough to enjoy the water.

Cameron and Lilly were afraid to get to far into the water. I had warned them not to go too far and I guess it freaked them out. Lilly mostly played in the sand. Lilly had found an inflatable tube that some one had left there. Once Lilly had put it down Cameron raced over and took it and would not put it down.

Miah really enjoyed the water. She played in the sand and crawled in the water for a long time. I just sat close to her and let her play and explore. She was covered in the sand when we were done so I had to rinse her off in the bathroom sink. I felt really bad doing it because the water was cold and she was screaming bloody murder.

When it was time to go I was relieved. We were there for 4 hours and that was long enough for me. The kids enjoyed it and so did I. I hope that before the summer is over we will do that again.

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

What a wonderful time you guys had. I would love to go with you sometime. Of course out of work time. What a fun time in the water. That is what summer is all about.

Anonymous said...

You know, in all the years I've lived there, I have never ever been to eagle island. Judging by the pictures you took, mostly tiny kids and old retirees inhabit the place, so I guess we'd fit right in. Awesome!