Redheaderfriends

Friends and Family
Welcome All

Friday, March 13, 2009

Katie's Birthday

It was my sister's birthday yesterday, and knowing that she was going to have a little birthday party with some ladies in her ward I decided that I would make a cake for her. I had MM fondant left over from last month when I made the super bowl cake and I did not want to waste the extra. So I looked up some different cakes on line and decided on coping this cute purse idea that I found. There was a video showing how these other people put it together and it looked so simple.

I made the cake and froze it for a little bit. I cut the cake to shape and frosted the inside to stick it together. I kneaded the fondant and colored it (which really didn't end up the right shade I was looking for but oh well). I frosted the outside of the cake and then made the indentation marks for the sides, cut out the fondant pieces and try my best to put them on correctly. It ended up being pretty difficult at this point because I cut into the fondant a little to far and so as I was trying to pick it up it would fall apart. By the end I was getting a little tired to it didn't have a very pretty finished look.

So I got her some cute very girly shoes and a purse cake to go with. Hope you enjoyed it Katie. Happy Birthday.




We went to Red Robin with her friends and had a great time. She couldn't get away without the restaurant staff singing to her. They made her wear balloon ears as they sang. One other good thing is that she got a coupon online for a free meal and the ice cream for it being her birthday.

No comments: