Redheaderfriends

Friends and Family
Welcome All

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008



What a wonderful time of year and here, it is already gone. With sales going on and me wanting to spend money left and right. With Doug getting upset every time he heard the I bought something new. Oh, what emothions go on through this wonder season. 

Well shopping was not the only thing I thought about. I know that it is a time to be thankful for what you have, a time to do service of others and a time to think about the great birth of our amazing brother, our Savior Jesus Christ. It is a time to think about His life and the example he was and then to thinkof his sacrifice he made for us. 

Yes, I did think of all those things. I am thankful for all that I and myfamily has been blessed with.



Christmas eve Doug had to work and  I went to my parents house to hang out for the night. We ate food and played game. The kids got to play wiht their cousins and over all it was an enjoyable time. Then the battery in Doug's car died so I had to go over to the Walmart where he was working and he jumped the battery. It was probably 10:15 by then. Doug was talking to the kids and told them that we had better get home fast before santa passes by our house. "Santa will skip our house if you are not in bed," he told them. 

So we got home and Cameron raced in the house. I had to grab things from the car and while I was doing that Cameron grabed the plate of fudge and a couple cookies. He found some paper and a pencil and wrote "FORSADU. " And put a box around the Words. to highlight them. Then he grabbed a cup and filled it with water and almost forgot the fork for the fudge. 

I was soo impressed. I did not say one word, just watched. 

Such a funny kid.

Then that night I waited and watched Pride and Prejudice. A good night for me. 

The next morning we opened presents and ate french toast for breakfast. We spent the rest of the day with family.

   

No comments: