So I asked Cameron what he would like to do for "boy time" and he said,"I know, I know, I have a good idea, you're going to like this one. I think we should read the scriptures together, then we can eat cookies and talk, and then we could watch a show, then daddy will be back". I told him that that was a great idea, and that is what we did.
Then last night I had Cameron say the prayer. I listened intently to what he was saying and there again he astonished me. He said the prayer so nicely with praying about the things he was thankful for, like school, treats, mommy and daddy, his new bed and other family members. He then prayed that he could be a good boy and that the kids could keep their room clean and several other things as well. As I listened it made me think about how innocent he is and why it is important that we be like little children: submissive, meek, humble, willing to submit to all things. His prayers come right from his heart. He does not use boring repetitions and he can feel that the scriptures are important(which is why he will not let us skip scripture reading even if it is late at night).
I wish that I would do more good things just because I know that is what Heavenly Father wants me to do, just as Cameron suggested reading scriptures because he felt that it would make me proud of him. Which I was. He makes me wanted to be a better person so that I can be a better example to my children and others.
No comments:
Post a Comment