Redheaderfriends

Friends and Family
Welcome All

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another dress

This is the dress that I am trying to make all on my own. Going off of the knowleged that I gained from my mom helping me out it is mostly done. I have finished the sleve and hemmed the bottom of the dress since this picture. At least I was able to make it that far all by myself.

I tryed working on it on Saturday and could not figure out how to thread the sewing machine. Lilly had also messed up the knobs on the surger and I had no idea what they were suposed to be set at. I realized that I did not pay close enough attention when mom was here and I was feeling the regret now. I looked up some videos online and kept working with it until I looked somewhat close to the stitch on the other dress.

All I have to do now is hem the collar and put in the brown and pink poke dot ribbon and the zipper. I have some to a place that I can go no further so I will have to give up my pride (being able to say that I did it all on my own) and go to mom for help. I will show the end result later. Lilly is excited though and so am I. I already feel like going to check out more patterns to find some more cute dress ideas.

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

WOW your first project. You made a good start. I look forward to working with you to finish it off. Lilly will really look great in her new dress.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute, and what better way to show Lilly how much you love her-- by making something just for her. When I was little my dad would draw books for me...and I still have them and treasure them. It's these precious personal things that mean so much.