I bought a $1 something pattern and $1 a yard fabic and wanted to get started. To bad when I decided I go ahead and do it myself, I just looked at the pattern pieces and tryed reading the pattern guide and was completely confused. I did not understand any of the sewing jargon. So I went to my mom (always there to help). We got together one night and put he thing together pretty fast. Actually it was mostly mom doing it because I was trying to get dinner ready and she wanted to get throught things( Dad doesn't like her staying out too late I think). I was fun but really I did not learn a whole lot. It was something though.
We didn't get to finish it the first night so we got together again and she finished it up for me. Thanks mom. It looks cute. Even better when it is on Lilly.
Not the greatest picture. Pretty blurry but I tell you what if Lilly could wear this dress every day she would be as happy as a school girl. It would be true for any dress for that matter. She would have loved being born in the pioneer time when all the girls wore dresses all the time. Well it did turn out well and Lilly was happy, I was happy and mom was happy. Its all good.Wow, I can't believe it has been so long for me to do anything with my blog. I was consistently keeping up on it at least once a week and then I don't know what the deal was with me. I just didn't feel like it.
2 comments:
Lilly sure looks pretty in her new dress. Sorry I didn't let you do more of the work. You are doing a great job on the new one, and you have learned great on how to do things. I am really proud of you and the effort you are making to increase your skills.
Look how proud she is of her momma?!
I'm glad you started feeling the urge to blog again.
It's just not the same without you, Sherri.
You complete me.
Post a Comment