Anyways, my atternative plan was to fix up the garage just for him. The garage was getting so full with junk and you had to squeeze passed everything to get through it. It probably was not much fun for Doug coming home to that every day and barely able to fit in the scooter. I also needed shelves for food storage so this one was for me too.
Katie, and my parents came to help me that morning and we got things done. My dad came specifically to build a work bench for Doug and Wow, it is beautiful. He always does a great job. I had bought the peg board and hooks and he put it all together for me. Katie and I had got most of the stuff out of the garage for him to get working by the time he got to the house. Mom and Katie put up the shelves, which were pretty much a pain in the neck. Once we got those two big jobs taken care of we organized the stuff and finished up with a spiderman poster as the icing on the cake. (Doug loves spiderman)
I had several things to do to get ready for doug to come home and luckily he was late and I was a ble to finish everything up inside the house too. He called me right as he was leaving the store so I was waiting for him, listening for the garage door to open. All of a sudden I heard it open and ran out to see his reaction. He just smiled and stared for a minute. He put his scooter up and all of a sudden looked to his left and saw the tool area. He laughed and said that he could not believe it and that he did not expect me to do this much. He was so happy for it looking so clean and organized, and that he was able to park his scooter in the garage with plenty of room around him. There was a nother smile as he walked to the door and saw the spiderman poster hanging there. "This was just for you hunny"
Before


After



Happy birthday Doug
Thank you so much Dad, Mom and Katie.
I would not have been able to finish it in time if it wasn't for you.
Dad it wouldn't have looked as great as it does if you wouldn't have been there to make things wonderful. And mom I probably would have gone crazy if you wouldn't have been there to help out with the cleaning, the dogs and the kids.
Thank you guys so much.
1 comment:
Wow! I love a clean garage. It makes things so nice. Doug is lucky. I would never clean our garage by myself. Ew. Gross. Yuck.
Post a Comment